Friday 21 September 2018

A Dream to Live Hundred Times




 Those were not just tears, they were clear dew drops coming out from your contented heart. I was standing far away watching you, but somewhere from there too, I could feel each drop of relief, happiness of the success which I had achieved. You could have come up to me to share the joy but you were masked in pride for me, so much so that I felt that people around were spellbound by your manly voice and your emotions.

I was peeping through that giant glass door, just to let myself a chance to see you a bit more. The way you were engrossed in talking about me to the people, I wasn't sure even if it was me or you who had actually achieved honors at college. Somehow I managed to get in there, through the crowd, to hold your hands. Oh, even my smell of sweat besides you could not pull you off from noticing me.

Couldn’t stand there waiting for you, so trudged your coat to seek your attention. A beaming smile on your face greeted me. The glow of smile on your face on unprecedented. I was mesmerized by looking at you, you were too close to me, your nicely trimmed beard, those small hair and your neat creased pant along with the coat with decorated medals on your broad, due to proud, shoulders.

I have always looked forward to you, and you have never failed to keep me motivated. Now am grown up by listening to your stories of bravery, those were not only stories but the memories of yours to cherish upon.


You cast away your magic toward me, the crowd too turned their heads towards me as if following your instructions. You started praising me, announcing to the people present that you were very proud of all my achievements, glorifying the fact that me being a daughter of a single parent, I had done a great job, I couldn’t stop noticing the divine radiance in your eyes. It was blinding me!

Amid all this, I heard an unexpected reverberation of something, a strong yell calling for me. Trying to ignore it, I wished to hear you even longer. But an unusual force was pulling me out, it was dragging me away from you!  

"Sarah! Wake up!! We will get late for your graduation ceremony, I don't want you to get late at least today!! "

Sarah was the only kid of James and Emily. Sarah was just four years old when her father was killed in the war between Germany and Russia in 1994. He was a brave warrior, for which the German government gave him national honors.

Since then, Sarah had always missed her father, weather it was her first dance performance in school or first fight with her best friend, she wanted to share every bit of her everyday routine with him.  

Being a single parent, her mother Emily had always tried to do her best to play the part of both parents. But somewhere she was aware of the fact that Sarah sometimes needed her father. But she always ignored and wanted her to tackle all the difficulties on her own.

Today was the day when Sarah was missing her father way more than ever. It was her graduation day, where she was going to receive an award for her outstanding performance, in the whole academic year. 

On way to the graduation ceremony, Sarah told Emily about the dream she had just before she woke up. The fantasy where she saw herself with dad, overjoyed on her achievement. The way, if he were alive, he would have reacted to her success. She almost felt her dad hands in hand. It left Emily and Sarah with wet eyes and an emotion unparalleled of missing James in their lives!



115 comments:

  1. Loved it. The bond between the daughter and father is truly a divine one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful tale of a proud daughter of a gallant soldier. A tribute to all unsung heroes. very well written.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A heart felt writing that reflects a daughters hankering for her father. Too bad he was not there physically. But he was there in her mind and in her dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heart-wrenching piece dear and what brilliant work with your pen, it touched my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Someone rightly said that a daughter always remains her father's kid! Well, how true! The relationship of a father and daughter has often been judged as the most beautiful and the most pious human relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful post! #Myfriendalexa #viddhreads

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed reading this write-up. You have great writing skills

    ReplyDelete
  9. Father is a daughter's first hero and first friend. Natural to miss him on major occasion in life. You have beautifully penned a daughter's emotion.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful story that touched the soul

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love between father and daughter is priceless...

    ReplyDelete
  12. A daughter who is proud of a father who sacrifices his life for the country. Befitting of him to appear in his daughter's dream a day before her proud moment...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. She yearns him to be her inspiration in a virtual form throughout her life.

      Delete
  13. Beautiful :) You have written it so well. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rashi Roy. Credit somewhere goes to you too for introducing to this social platform.

      Delete
  14. Extremely well written. Loved it

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful olay with the words. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Replies
    1. Sad but hopeful and she is happy to have him as her inspiration.

      Delete
  17. Well written heartfelt account. I liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Soul stirring post....no words...thank you for writing this one...
    #MayuraReads #MyFriendAlexa

    ReplyDelete
  19. How beautifully you have expressed the feelings of a daughter. Very heartwarming post.

    ReplyDelete
  20. How I relate to this! My daughter was her dad's darling and she adored him. But he died when she was 15 and I have always felt more sad for her loss than mine.I tried to be her mom and dad but how can I take his place. #wordsmithkaurreads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ma'm ! My heart cries out for you. And i will pray that you and your daughter have all the happiness in life and more. Thank you for giving life to my story.

      Delete
  21. You always miss the parents when yourey proud of something you have done, no? A very sweet story.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loved it so much. You are such a terrific storyteller!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This got a tear in my eyes.. I have been a daddy's girl and I can't imagine life without a father

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful, heart-warming post <3

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful piece of emotions and feelings. Can connect with it coz after my father's dismissal whenever I achieved something ib life I missed my father like hell. You made me cry Pranoti.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss him like heaven ! ;)
      Please wipe your tears and smile as am sure he is there always near you to support you.
      Happy to have touched your heart, thank you :)

      Delete
  26. Hey Pranoti , you have written this story with all your heart. Pouring the emotions into caressing words All daughters can understand the hearty emotions of Sarah as if their own. #MyFriendAlexa #SujatawdeReads

    ReplyDelete
  27. I probably should have picked some other post to read, because this hit home very close. Very well written.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. am glad you picked my story to read. thank you :)

      Delete
  28. Very beautifully written. Loved reading it.
    #MyFriendAlexa #zenithbuzzreads
    www.zenithbuzz.in

    ReplyDelete
  29. That was touching... such a lovely story!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Can’t even imagine what a life like this must be. Your writing was so powerful, it just reminded me to be thankful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And am thankful to you for giving a wonderful feedback :)

      Delete
  31. So beautifully weaved. On a deep thinking mode, I think a single parent can bring up a child without any shortcomings. It is when you compare with others having 2 parents that you feel there's a shortage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As the proverb goes, "Two heads are better than one" , it is always an advantage to have both father and mother with the child. But, in case required, single parent has the courage and guts like no other to overcome the shortcomings. Thank you for your feedback :)

      Delete
  32. So nice ... deep emotions. By the end I had goosebumps. #MyFriendAlexa

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is a deeply moving story and your powerful writing style brings out the emotions well.It touched a chord of my heart. Well written!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such a heart touching and emotional story. Good one.

    ReplyDelete
  35. LOVELY!!! TOUCHING!! It brought tears to my eyes. Reminded me my father...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have reminded you of your happy memories. Thank you :)

      Delete
  36. Loss of a parent is very traumatic. You have beautifully portrayed the pain of Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smile & hope in moments of pain ! Thank you Vandana :)

      Delete
  37. Beautifully crafted. Touched my heart.
    #readbypreetispanorama for #MyFriendAlexa

    ReplyDelete
  38. Such a heart touching tale of a daughter and her love for her father. No one can ever replace the loss of a loved one. Beautifully narrated.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Lovely and beautiful. great post Pranoti. Keep weaving.
    #MyFriendAlexa #ContemplationOfaJoker #Jokerophilia

    ReplyDelete
  40. What a twist at the end. This story really moved me.
    https://mommyingbabyt.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. THis was a heart-warming tale of a daughter Beautifully narrated.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Great narration. For every daughter, her dad is a hero.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Penned down so ver well... Kudos

    #MyFriendAlexa #LittleDuniyaReads

    ReplyDelete
  44. You have written this post so beautifully , I am really touched..

    ReplyDelete
  45. So touching, felt goosebumps. Each detail in description took me close to Sarah.

    Cheers
    MeenalSonal from AuraOfThoughts
    #MyFriendAlexa #MeenalSonalReads

    ReplyDelete
  46. Dad is a first hero for every daughter. the relationship is just so beautiful


    #myfriendalexa #poseinstylereads

    ReplyDelete
  47. I loved the painful shift of emotions inside the reader that comes with the realization that she is talking about her father.
    Beautifully penned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. loved the way you described it too. Thank you :)

      Delete
  48. Beautifully written emotional touching story. First i had tears of happiness then felt heave heart. Kudos to your writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to have touched your heart. Thank you :)

      Delete
  49. This is like straight from a daughters heart with all the love for her dad.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Absolutely loved it. The void left by untimely death of a father can never be ignored. Touched.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Beautiful story. I think you have a connection with that war between Russia & Germany in 1994 because it felt like more than just a story.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Heatfelt story, you had expressed each emotion so wonderfully. #surbhreads #Myfriendalexa

    ReplyDelete
  53. Dads are always special. Liked this story.

    ReplyDelete
  54. No matter how old we get, daughters miss their dad's presence on many occasion.

    #MothersGurukulreads #Myfriendalexa

    ReplyDelete
  55. Gave me goosebumps. Beautiful portrayal of the relationship between father and daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Hey, thanks from bringing such a hearttohchhearstory for us to read. Really beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  57. This is really emotional. Fathers have a different place in a child's mind and heart that just can't be replaced.

    ReplyDelete